Sunday, July 10, 2005
It's a big storm!
I'm experiencing my first hurricane today! Though I realize this is not exciting for people in, say, Alabama or Florida, I am far up in Atlanta and am therefore rather excited about the weather. Growing up, I saw a fair number of tornadoes, but this is like a really big tornado. Really big and really wet. The street in front of my apartment building filled up with water and all the pine straw that had been laid down to put grass on top of has washed away. They've probably closed off the main entrance to the parking garage due to the small lake that forms there every time it rains. It's probably about two feet deep by now. I looked at the radar and saw that the hurricane reaches all the way out to western Arkansas, which means my parents are even seeing some of this right now. I'm hoping that it clears up by tomorrow, before I have to drive to work on the freeway. I don't like driving in the rain very much, but it's especially bad on Atlanta highways because water doesn't drain very well, and other drivers are idiots. So even though I like sitting in my apartment while it does this, I don't want to deal with it tomorrow. Eh. It probably won't last for much longer than early tomorrow morning, if that long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment